Monday, January 2, 2012

One of Those Days....


Project 100 is in full effect starting tomorrow. I’ve committed my mind and my spirit to getting it right and tight! (Wish me luck ya’ll!) I attempted to start my regimen this morning and I made a delicious greenish-purple smoothie that was actually quite tasty. I sat it in the freezer so that I could finish getting dressed before work and on my way out reached in and grabbed it……#EPIC FAIL. (Insert dramatic music) 

The darn thing fell to its death and splattered (flung itself, collapsed, cascaded…whatever the heck you want to call it, It’s no longer with us!) across the kitchen floor. So I was left with a green-purple ewwey googley mess spreading quickly across the kitchen floor. And to make matters worse, not even the cat would lick it up. (I guess it really was that bad :-(  ) So I then proceeded to take the next thirty minutes cleaning it up and trying to get things in order before I left for my “supposed” early day at work. And if you haven’t guessed it at this point, I’m actually quite livid. Such a lovely way to start the first day of work in the New Year, but I digress.

So Project 100 didn’t exactly go as planned today and because I don’t want to cheat myself (or possibly because I wanted some chips at lunch) I didn’t get started the way that I planned. But hey, tomorrows a new day and I plan on seizing it.




And as a sidenote, I listened to Beyonce’s "Schoolin Life" all the way to work (Yes, it was on repeat). I turned the volume sky high and sang at the top of my lungs as the driver next to me stared (likely wondering whether I was having some sort of spastic malfunction and whether EMS would need to be called) No matter what I made it to work in a better mood than when I left the house. (I didn't even cry as my freshly french manicured Shellac Nail flew across my desk as I reached for a case file....#Yup) So thanks Bey! PS: Does anyone know whether she’s had the baby or not. #Noseyppllikemewanttoknow  

So if you haven’t heard it, this is for you. Listen! Dance!  But most of all: SMILE! I’ve quickly discovered (should’ve realized long ago) we only have one life. I’ve made the decision to start living!


                                                                                                                Dramatically Yours,

                                                                                                                                    MadameSurge 

No comments:

Post a Comment