Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back….#No Can Do




As I contemplate and read  entries pertaining to last New Year’s Eve and NYE’s of yonder years I’ve come to realize that I’ve had three central themes:  Love (Lack Therof), Me (Woe Is Me), and My Weight (Hips, Thighs & Everything Not So Nice). Since my NYE’s of the past consist of a constant centralized theme I realized that my resolutions are merely momentary thoughts that evidently escape my mind quickly.
As a result of these faded and jaded NYE’s of yesteryears I’ve resolved to make no resolutions this year. I will not eat any black eyed peas nor will I wear red or green underwear, whichever it is. I will simply do “me.” I will thank God for allowing me to see another year and rest assured that what is meant for me will be.
The beginning of a New Year is not some magic potion. It doesn’t change situations, places or relationships. It’s a blessing to be able to see another year because there are some who didn’t make it. And because it is a blessing I will treat each day that I’m given as such. I will not  set a goal that may be ridiculous and unattainable but I will live my life and try new things, meet new people and if I happen to attain some of the things I longed for during years prior then that makes it all the better. Here’s to 2012. I don’t know what to expect but I look forward to what comes my way. 

                                                                                                             See Ya’ll Next Year,

                                                                                                                         Madame Surge

No comments:

Post a Comment