Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bidding Adieu





Dear 2011,

I’m not too sure how I feel about you. I don’t dislike you nor did I absolutely adore you. But I cannot say I’m sad to see you go. I can thank you because you brought one of my greatest dreams to fruition. Now that one of my dreams has been accomplished it’s time to move on and dream even bigger dreams.  As I look toward 2012, I can’t say I’m expecting great things but I am expecting to work on being a better me. 2011, you have taught me that there’s no way I can move forward if my eyes are focused on what’s behind me. So I must admit that in 2012, you’ll be out of sight, out of mind.

I feel as though I’ve settled a lot in 2011 and things certainly could have been much different. Whether it be relationships, friendships or anything in between I feel as though I didn’t reach for all that I had the potential of attaining. I won’t make resolutions this year but I will make affirmations. I will strive to do better and if I come up short I won’t beat myself up about it.

I won’t expect people or situations to change but if things aren’t working out I will certainly change the situation I’m in. I’m looking forward to 2012 not with great anticipation but with quiet confidence. I’m certain that a number of things will occur I just hope I make the best of them.
In 2012 I will write more, I will get out more and get to know this city I’m in. I will make new friends and meet new people. I will socialize (I likely won’t be a butterfly but hey the caterpillar’s got to start somewhere).  I won’t be limited by circumstance.

To 2011, it’s been real. Now it’s really time to move on. All that I ask is that in the final days we have together that you make them enjoyable and eventful so that things end on a bright note. Oh, and if you can’t do that, then do nothing. You’ve already done enough. I promise.

To 2012, I look forward to what you will bring and I am hoping to bring a lot to the table. I’m making no predictions but I’ve got full intentions to make this the best year yet. #Countdown_Begins


                                                                                                                Ciao 2011,

                                                                                                                                Madame Surge 

No comments:

Post a Comment