Saturday, December 24, 2011

Contemplation...

It’s the eve before Christmas and I’m sitting at Starbucks while the rest of the world is hustling and bustling trying to round up their final Christmas gifts. As I sit here and as I go through my daily life, I am assured of nothing more in this world other than the fact that God loves me tremendously. There is no question and no doubt in my mind.
As I sat contemplating the creation of this blog and debating whether it was the right decision for me (since I’ve started and gave up so many times) I was jolted out of my thought process by a fellow patron at Starbucks.  He walked up and simply stated, “Ma’m here’s some words,” handed me a paper napkin, and walked out of the coffee shop.   It wasn’t his phone number nor was it a lewd statement or an invitation to dinner. It simply stated, “Delight yourself in the ways of the lord (Jesus Christ) and he will give you desires of your heart.”
As I read these words, I immediately thought, “who knows my heart better than God” and who has provided for me even when I had nothing. God knows me better than anyone else and despite all my faults and shortcomings he has loved me nonetheless. So as we celebrate the day of his son Jesus’ birth and as we enter into this New Year I think it’s time to seek Him and ask for His direction and guidance. It took a small action from a stranger to cause me to genuinely contemplate this statement and seek a renewed direction for my life.
I haven’t honed in fully on what this blog will include but it’s certain to provide an insight into all that is me. (as random as that may be) However, for all who know me, they are aware that God has always come first. This New Year is guaranteed to bring a variety of things (good, bad and possibly disappointing) but I’m grateful I have a God I can lean and depend on throughout this year.
Although the world has tried to commercialize the real meaning of Christmas, I know who holds tomorrow and I know who has allowed me to live this day.  There is no amount of money nor is there any gift that can make up for all that God has done for me. I’m grateful for what he has brought me through and I’m thanking him in advance for the blessings he has for my future. Happy Birthday Jesus! Without you what would we do? Just wanna say, thank you.

                                                                                                                                Love Always,
                                                                                                                                       Madame Surge

No comments:

Post a Comment